Sunday 23 March 2014

Alphabetical Order

We are learning about alphabetical order at the moment as this will help us with our dictionary skills. On Friday we were given 5 words: cowboy, cat, come, cake and coat. Our task was to arrange them in alphabetical order.

C
cowboy
cat
come
cake
coat

They all began with the letter c which meant we had to look at the next letter. So we arrange it as:

cat
cake
cowboy
come
coat

This helped order some of the words into CO and CA. However, this was not enough so we had to look at the third letter of each word.

cake
cat
coat
come
cowboy

Now, we finally had the words in alphabetical order.

We decided to use the words in a funny sentence / paragraph. Here are our examples.

Once upon a time there was a cowboy who lived on cake island. His cat sits on his head and has a coat made of cake. Come to my party tonight.    By  Mishca

I  am a cowboy with a coat made of cat. Come to my party and eat cake.    By Jack


Come to my party, eat my cake  and get a coat of cat.   By Summer

I am a cowboy with a coat made of cats come to my party to eat cake      By Liam

I am a cowboy with a coat made of cats come to my party.     By Kynan Durie

I am a cowgirl with a coat made out of cake. I was riding a cat the cat was trying to eat my coat. I said to an old man hurry up old man.  By Brooke

I'm a cat and my owner is a cowboy with a cool coat made of cake .come cat eat my cake...I am a cowboy made of cat. My cat is yummy so bring a cake made of cat.     By Andrei

I am a cowboy and please come to my party and bring a cat with you and one of you bring a cake and most of all is to have fun. By Matina

I am a cowboy come to my party bring a cake or a cats head and let's  eat some cake it we'll taste  good and bring a live cat as well and the cat will be able to eat the cake .By Thorvin

I am a cowboy with a coat made of cats come to my party to eat cake.      By Jordan


No comments:

Post a Comment